About Me

My favorite food is Pozole and FlautasMy favorite color is blue
My favorite animal is a raccoon
My favorite dinosaur is a triceratops
I have a pet dog named Palomita and a fish name Charlotte
I have two siblings named Lesly and Fabian

Monday, October 13, 2014

Columbus Day

Christopher Columbus was born in October 31, 1451 in Genoa, Italy. He was explorer and began sailing in the seas since he was a teenager. His first journey into the Atlantic Ocean almost sacrificed his life when he was on his way to trade. He then went to Lisbon, Portugal when his shipped had crashed and burned down. He then found Felipa Perestrello who later became his wife and had a son. Columbus moved to Spain after his wife died then he had another son with Beatriz Enriquez de Arana.

Columbus Day is a U.S. holiday that celebrates Christopher Columbus when he stepped into a new land on October 12, 1492. The U.S. gave this day a holiday because of Columbus achievement and the celebration of Italian-American heritage.

Reflection: I think that we shouldn't make this Columbus Day as a holiday because it’s not as important to us U.S. citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment