About Me

My favorite food is Pozole and FlautasMy favorite color is blue
My favorite animal is a raccoon
My favorite dinosaur is a triceratops
I have a pet dog named Palomita and a fish name Charlotte
I have two siblings named Lesly and Fabian

Monday, February 23, 2015

“Bless You”

Whenever someone sneezes, you say “Bless you” or hear someone else say these words.


Why? Why are these words spoken?
-We say “Bless you” when a person sneezes because it’s a way to say get well or good health to you. This if for the person that sneezes to take care of one self so they won't be able become sick (to stay healthy).

When? When did the saying originate?
-“Bless you” started in the sixth century during a bubonic plague epidemic.

How? How did this saying originate?
-Pope Gregory I the Great (AD 540-604) ascended to the Papacy just in time for the start of the bubonic plague in AD 590

Where? Where did this saying originate?

-“Bless you” originated from Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment